Monday 22 August 2016

Interior Designer Malaysia

It isn't frequently that you discover somebody that is both a designer and interior designer Malaysia. I’ve really loved this interview as it’s interesting to listen to how one talks about design when they're involved with both disciplines. Shalini Misra is another very effective designer and you'll see in the sheer amount of projects that she's involved with is evidence of her incredible skill.

What's your design signature/style?

I consider my style to become relaxed and mindful, practical yet always retaining a sense of luxury stylishly coupled with a component of surprise. I love to create interiors to stimulate the senses by using sexy lighting to produce intimate spaces to a number of textures with tactile appeal crisp cottons, soft laundered linens, silk, faux real furs, cashmere and leathers…

My philosophy is all about interiors which are timeless and mix vintage elements with contemporary pieces, filled with texture and interest. I love to have fun with volumes in spaces, using sliding doorways to screen off areas when privacy is needed and left available to allow a flow of space when entertaining.

In my opinion in eco-friendly design, whenever you can, and frequently re-use or update existing pieces I love to source one-off vintage products and recycle furniture pieces. I enjoy create drama, energy along with a freedom that may flow effortlessly within a space.

My guiding principle would be to introduce a component of surprise and also to not make any one of my interior designer Malaysia feel foreseeable. I usually individually the perception of each project, instead of rubber stamping a type of brand onto each plan. I respect the architecture from the structures our projects have been in and employ their features best.

Shalini Misra

Shalini Misra

Did your training being an architect help or hinder you when you are performing interior planning and may you know us how becoming an architect has assisted you to become a better designer?

No comments:

Post a Comment